Sunday, February 1, 2009


Lab # 2
Going without my cell phone for 31 hours wasn’t too bad for me. I wouldn’t consider myself to be someone who texts too frequently and I definitely don’t call people too much. I mostly use my cell phone to find people to hang out and occasionally talk to my parents at home. Consequently when I went without it for 31 hours I found my self mostly in my room by myself. When I wanted to hang out with people I would follow my roommate around campus or wander around looking for people. NCSA campus is so small that its pretty rare to walk around the entire campus without finding someone to hang out with. With my cell phone plans to socialize are often made spontaneously however without it I found myself planning ahead to meet people at certain times of the day and I think I actually structured my day better without my phone. Overall it felt very liberating to go with out my cell phone for 31 hours. I am not too dependent on technology.

1 comment:

  1. Liberating! I'm glad to hear it! It sounds like something you might want to keep doing.

    ReplyDelete